Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lodging: Chautauqua Lodge in Long Beach


On August 7, 2009, my family and I went on a little vacation in Long Beach, Oregon. My mom used to take my brothers and I when we were growing up. We stayed at Chautauqua Lodge, which is the same place we used to stay when we were kids. I love Long Beach and looked forward to having a family vacation. Pets are allowed here with a $20.00 deposit. My mom brought her dog and we brought ours. The location of the hotel is a little walk to ocean, which is not a big deal, but you can't walk barefoot because they have prickly things on the ground that if you walk on them they will stick in your skin. They hurt! Our poor dog acted like he was dying each time it happened. A major negative of the hotel was the fact that one of their boilers was out of service so I was not able to take a warm shower for the whole 3 days we were there. Luke warm was all I got! Not happy with that at all. Otherwise, our room had two sections and a kitchen with stove, dishwasher, cooking utensils so that you don't always have to eat out.

No comments: